Effective March 16th, due to the increasing number of influenza illnesses and potential for COVID-19, we will be taking steps to limit the impact on our patients, staff, and providers by:
- Limiting the number of adults who bring patients to one adult caregiver, with the exception of well visits which two parents/guardians may attend
- Asking that only the patient who is being seen to come to the visit, not everyone being cared for by the caregiver, as this will decrease exposure to them
- Separating well visits and sick visits as much as is humanly possible with continued attention to cleaning and sanitation practices we currently have in place
In addition, we currently do not have testing for COVID-19 and it will not be acceptable just to get a test to rule out the disease so please do not ask this of the staff.
To best protect yourself and loved ones please practice:
- Good hand hygiene (washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds),
- Social distancing strategies (including but not limited to avoiding large crowds/events/gatherings)
- Avoiding close contact with those who are sick
- Frequent cleaning/sanitation of commonly touched objects and surfaces.
We will continue to follow the criteria provided by the CDC closely and make frequent updates so you may make informed decisions regarding your family’s health.
We at Robeson Pediatrics are here for YOU—you are our family!